Position: PHARMACIST Company: SMART PHARMA LOCATION: 1116 Centre St N, Calgary, AB T2E 2R2 https://thesmartp.ca/ The Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmacy services to customers and medical practitioners. The Pharmacist will play a key role in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and profile programs. The Pharmacist will also provide guidance and supervision to Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants and will ensure that all patients are offered and receive professional clinical services. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
SMART PHARMA and your career with us:SMART Pharma has a vision of genuine customer-focused care. SMART Pharma currently has two branches with an aggressive future plan of growth and expansion. The soul of this organization revolves around making an impactful difference in the society, to health of residents and prosperity. This vision has led SMART Pharma to focus on specialty pharmacies to offer help where it is needed the most in society. Our first pharmacy specializes in addictions of all types, and our second branch is a contemporary plus specialized compounding pharmacy. SMART Pharma is and equal opportunity employer where you can expect conducive environment for personal and professional growth. You can expect to get training wherever necessary. The nature of training can range from on-job training to professional courses or training seminars/webinars, or more, as per needs. We offer career advancement opportunities, we prefer to promote within our staff before recruiting externally, and competitive wage is offered which commensurate with experience. SMART Pharma is an all-inclusive organization with zero tolerance to discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex and ethnicities. We welcome all clients and welcome all applicants, including LGBTQ2+ and BIPOC.
Your Duties:We expect you to fulfil the following mentioned duties. Please note that these are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required:
- Focus is on clinical services
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Monitor medication adherence
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Language preference Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu
- Having excellent communication skills
- Customer focused, patient care oriented
- Professional, committed to excellence
- Motivated and self-driven
- Have good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff, & management.
- Non-judgmental and non-discriminative
- A team player
- Having ability to multitask
- Have ability to pay attention to details
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment Education and
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Injection Certification
- Previous experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
- Language preference: Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu